Pilates Empowerment September 2011

PILATES EMPOWERMENT, by Kerry De Vivo

Moving forward, moving back. I am talking in regards to meeting fitness goals. As mentioned in the above quote from Joseph Pilates, our modern schedules make it challenging to consistently meet our fitness goals.
Back when my job was as both a professional dancer and Pilates instructor, I thought, wow-I'm so lucky that my job involves daily movement and exercise. However, that is not the typical schedule for most people.
This month, I was reminded of a past Pilates Empowerment which discussed the concept of not IF we are going to exercise daily but WHEN we are going to exercise in our day. Taking the IF off the options list, seemed to be a very powerful way for many people to keep moving forward in their fitness goals.
Reality might not make a full workout possible on a daily basis, but truly never underestimate the power of the basic 5 or 10 mat exercises.

Comments